Sunday, February 1, 2015

the exercise

I walked to and from work all throughout pregnancy. It is about 20 minutes each way.  I am definitely slowing down now and it probably takes me 10 minutes longer.  It is still nice to move a little bit though.

Starting at around 30 weeks, I went to prenatal yoga.  I went to Bernal Yoga once and then Yoga Tree Potrero the rest of the times.  Yoga Tree Potrero is super convenient.  It is close and parking is easy.  The class can get a bit full and crowded.  I think most prenatal yoga classes are the same.  At least the Bernal and Yoga Tree teachers taught very similar things. Of course we start with breathing, then strengthening which is basically arm work, warrior poses which are hip openers.  It is not really a workout but stretching and relaxation. I forgot to mention that the first time I went to class, I was surprised that we spent a lot of time introducing everyone in the class.  We said our names, how far along we were, and if we wanted to work on anything. I think it is meant to foster community. It was also neat to see how different people who were the same number of weeks pregnant could look so different. Everyone's body is different.

We also took a Prenatal Partners class.  There were so many couples there. It was actually with the teacher who taught the Bernal Yoga prenatal yoga class. I thought it was neat. It is totally different from a prenatal yoga class.  She taught the partners how to help the moms through labor with massage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment