Sunday, September 21, 2014

the medication

Among some other obvious things we needed to do to have a baby, we had wanted to be medication free while trying to get and being pregnant.  When Kody passed, my support team and I decided that it was too much to try to taper off my medications.  One of the medications I was taking was an obvious one to stop because a recent study had shown that it was toxic for babies and caused cleft palate/lip.  It was also one that I had not been taking that long when compared to the other one.  The other medication had unknown effects on babies. It was a personal choice and the medication was always something I preferred not to be on if I could.  It was very hard for me to tell whether the medication was helping me or it was the other legwork I was doing. So earlier this year, we started the process of tapering off again.  I didn't go through any significant withdrawal which was great. After the tapering was complete, we had the green light to start trying to conceive.

No comments:

Post a Comment