Sunday, September 21, 2014

the recovery

life is all about recovery.  things knock you down and you recover and get back up.

2013 was tough.  There were days when I didn't think I could move on or when I thought moving on might be a sign that I would forget Kody.  I will never forget her.  I won't forget what she taught me and what she stood for.

I journalled.  I went to therapy.  I tried to distract myself with new crafts.  I sketched.   I crocheted.  I felted. I tried unsuccessfully to volunteer with french bulldogs.  I tried again successfully to volunteer with another french bulldog organization. 

Then we adopted Pip from another organization that rescued french bulldogs.  She is such a blessing. Supposedly she was a stray in San Jose.  We often try to guess how she became a stray.  Maybe she escaped?  Or ran away?  Not sure how someone could give a dog up.  She was picked up by a shelter and then by the Bulldog Club of America Rescue Network.  There she was fostered before being adopted by a couple who returned her after some months because they couldn't potty train her.  They also found silica stones in her bladder that she had removed during surgery.  I saw her on petfinder and decided to apply. They came and visited our place and we were approved!  We drove to Folsom/Shingle Springs and met her at her foster mom's work/vet office.    

It has been a year since Pip joined our family and I am so grateful for her presence in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment