Tuesday, October 14, 2014

the maternity clothes

For the first couple months, I was able to wear my normal clothes. My tops were not tight fitting so I have been able to wear the same tops.

From week 15-20, I actually wore some DIY maternity jeans. I made two jeans with elastic inserts.  Then one pair of black pants with a different type of elastic insert.  And finally one pair of jeans with a full panel. The elastic insert jeans worked quite well for a while but then there started to not be enough room. I moved to the full panel but because I cut too much they don't fit right and fell down. I would constantly have to yank them up which is unsightly and a pain.  For my black pants, I used a seam ripper and opened up the sides and back seam and added elastic there.  They are also ill-fitting and fall down when I walk.

At Week 21, I gave in and bought a pair of maternity jeans from gap. they are full panel and very well made.  They dont fall down, are comfortable, and look great.  I've also been wearing my lululemon leggings but at times even those dont sit at the right place on my belly.

I had really hoped to not buy maternity clothing but now my shirts are starting to feel tight. next purchase might be maternity shirts

No comments:

Post a Comment